Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mother's Day

This year we went to Tinker Falls for Mother's Day. When I told the kids this is what I wanted to do I was met with lots of complaints. "I don't want to do that." "Can I stay in the van?" "I wanted to take you to the mall."(Sophia said that one.)  But here we are checking out the area map before we start the short hike to the falls. Actually the car ride there was a pretty drive and we found a little truck museum we hope to visit another day.

We came upon a fallen tree, one of many we'd see. A great chance to do some climbing and see how good the kids' balance was.

There's Tinker Falls in the background. You can barely see the water there just isn't much of it.

Climbing the steps to go behind the water fall.

We made it behind the falls.


Now climbing to the top of the water fall.

At the top! Some nice girl took a family picture for us.

Randy, Luke and Sophia getting right in the stream that leads to the water falls.

Alex,

Timmy,

and Max. And do you know what everyone is saying to me? "Mom, this is SO FUN!" "Can we do this every Mother's Day?" "I love this!"  Henry even came up to me and said, "Mom, I'm sorry I complained, this is really a lot of fun." They were right it was great!

Mom and Luke

Timmy

Luke and Me again.

Henry following the water.

A lot of time was spent climbing this fallen down tree.

Alex took a picture of Randy and me.

With kids nothing's complete without a snack. We finished tromping around the woods and took the long way home, got a late lunch and finshed the day by jamming out supper loud to Everything is Awesome (from the Lego movie), and hey, it was!

1 comment:

Aunt Donna said...

Looks awesome! Reminds me a little bit of our hike in Ohio when we got caught in a thunderstorm and then got lost. So glad everyone had such a good time!